At the Cross Church is using the Celebrate Recovery curriculum for their Kingdom of Hope and Recovery Ministry. A 12 step recovery program for both men and women.We believe that the Celebrate Recovery curriculum is a great tool to help those in need of recovery. We believe that there is hope in the recovery process of any type addiction. We know that through Jesus we have an identity of more than conquerors Rom. 8:37.
Time: Monday at 7:00pm
The DNA of an authentic Celebrate Recovery® Ministry.
1. Jesus Christ is the one and only Higher Power. The program is a Christ-centered ministry.
2. The Bible* and Celebrate Recovery curriculum consisting of the Leader’s Guide, four Participant’s Guides, and the Celebrate Recovery Journal are to be used exclusively. The Large Group lessons are taught from the Leader’s Guide, keeping at least the acrostic and the Scriptures as the key points in the lessons. This is to keep consistency within groups, allowing teachers to be creative with the introduction and conclusion of each lesson.
* Use of the Celebrate Recovery Bible is strongly encouraged due to the fact that it is the only Bible that directly corresponds to the Celebrate Recovery curriculum. The Celebrate Recovery Bible has been designed to work with the resources developed and tested in the national and international ministry of Celebrate Recovery. The Celebrate Recovery Bible on Kindle, iBooks and Nook are also approved curriculum.
3. The ministry is “group based.” All groups are gender specific and use the Small Group Guidelines and format.
4. There are NO online Celebrate Recovery groups. Face-to-face group meetings ONLY.
5. The Celebrate Recovery “Five Small Group Guidelines” are implemented and followed every time.
6. We expect each group to be accountable to Christ, At The Cross church pastors and leaders.
Living in denial is living dishonestly. How many times have we lied to ourselves and others saying “I can stop anytime I want to”! or “I have the right to choose how I live my own life” or “My behavior doesn’t affect anyone but me”! But, guess what, it does affect the people who love you, and no, you can’t stop anytime you want to or you wouldn’t be in the mess you are in right now!
But we’re here to tell you that there is freedom of addiction because we believe and know a God that walked on water, made the blind see, healed the sick and He walked out of a tomb after being dead for three days, His name is Jesus. Kingdom of Hope and Recovery teaches people how to walk in Christ Jesus and through our identity in Him, where there’s power over addiction. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 2Corinthians 5:17 We equip women and teach them to conquer their feelings and help them form habits of doing things the old self doesn’t like to do. The decision to abide and live in the new man helps us start but discipline to stay there helps us finish well. The Kingdom of God and the power that comes with Christ is not about theology. It’s the ability to believe God and we at, Kingdom of Hope and Recovery, are committed to reaching women and teaching Kingdom living and live a Holy Spirit filled life. So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free John 8:36 Freedom from the bondage of addiction. “I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father. John 14:12
For more information contact the church office (760) 994-3534